If there’s a fire, sometimes fire officials or other agencies also ask us to cut power to keep the community and/or their crews safe. Whatever the circumstances, we’ll make every effort to communicate with you in advance. And please know that turning off power in the interest of safety isn’t a decision we take lightly. It’s a last resort during extreme situations.
Stay informed by making sure your contact information is up-to-date:
· Go to My Account (sdge.com/myaccount) and log in
· Click on ‘Manage My Account’ and update your contact information, including email address
You can also sign up for outage notifications in My Account:
· Click on the ‘Alerts and Subscriptions’ tab
· Select ‘Outage Notifications’ from the drop-down menu
· From there, choose the way you want to stay informed (email, text and phone)